As a precaution against COVID-19 and the safety and well-being of our office teams, our associates and the AlphaBee children, we will be cancelling all trainings and workshops until further notice.
- This event has passed.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Training with Donna Debolt
February 12 @ 09:00 - 16:00
FASD – Guidelines for Intervention with Families and Caregivers
Many outcomes for individuals with FASD have been negatively affected by the lack of understanding of their complex neurodevelopmental disorder. We understand that in order to stabilize placements, key elements of effective practice are needed.
In this session, participants will be presented with:
- How does FASD impact individuals, caregivers, systems of support and communities?
- How will individuals with FASD present?
- What are the Neurodevelopmental consequences of this disability?
- What are the Lifespan Implications?
- Cascading Vulnerabilities – Adverse Outcomes common with FASD – prevention options?
- Creating Environmental Supports – Best Practice Considerations
Donna Debolt is a social worker in private practice who translated her 30 years in child Protection into working as an outspoken advocate for children and adults who have lifelong challenges associated with prenatal exposure to alcohol.
In her role as an FASD Specialist, Donna challenges communities through case management, advocacy, and training to develop and implement prevention, intervention and management strategies so families and communities can successfully cope and plan useful futures for these individuals.
To register, please contact Kelly @ 416-367-5968 ext. 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Borderline Personality Disorder
Applied Suicide Intervention (ASIST) Workshop
Grief and Loss Workshop
Understanding Mental Illness
Standard First Aid and CPR Level C