AlphaBee is seeking talented individuals to fill the role of a full time Instructor Therapist (IT) in Toronto, Ontario.
Our 3 centres are located in Etobicoke, Scarborough and Hamilton. Teaching happens in centre, in family homes and in daycare or school settings.
AlphaBee works with children 18 months to 18 years of age throughout the GTA, Peel, Halton Hamilton, York and surrounding regions.
We provide ABA and other clinical services for children and youth with ASD (autism) and other developmental and behavioural challenges:
Our ITs have access to:
Ideal candidate has:
- 40-hour RBT course, competency assessment and ongoing supervision available.
- BCBA and BCaBA supervision hours when available
- Ongoing professional training opportunities through our training division alphabeePRO
- Opportunities for advancement in the company
- Competitive employment package: benefits and paid vacation
- Strong knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and experience with ABA (knowledge of verbal behaviour is an asset)
- Enjoys working with children, is creative and has great play skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- An interest in professional development and further developing clinical skills
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is strongly recommended
- Preferred completed or working towards: Behavioural Science Technology, Autism Behavioural Science Certificate, Registered Behavioural Technician certificate,
- Or a degree in any of the following with experience in ABA will be considered:
- Completed diploma or degree: Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth worker, Psychology, Social Work, Teacher Education Program or a related field
- Requires Vulnerable Police Check, First Aid and CPR
- CPI training (offered internally)
- Work directly with clients both individually and in groups under the supervision of a Senior Therapist
- Delivering ABA services to our clients
- Seek supervision as needed to effectively and efficiently problem solve
- Full-cycle involvement from preparation of teaching materials, implementing the programming, monitoring the client’s progress and the effectiveness of the individualized programs
- Responsible for progress notes, recording and graphing of programming data
- Participate in team meetings and professional development as required