Evening Life Skills
Our Life Skills program was designed with our clients in mind. If you are looking for an after school program where your child will gain independence while having fun and working cooperatively with their peers, this program is for you!
Participants will learn essential skills such as planning for and making a variety of snacks, including creating a shopping list, measuring ingredients, food preparation and cleaning up. Other areas targeted will include household chores, as well as personal safety, in the home and in the community. Learning these essential life skills will help increase your child’s confidence and independence.
- Following multi-step instructions (two or more steps).
- Able to communicate using 2-3 words: can be vocal or AAC (sign, PECS, proloquo etc.)
- Ability to work in a group with others with minimal interfering behaviour (may require reminders to stay on task but can be easily redirected and are not a risk to harm self or others).
- Stay in group for 10-15 minutes without attempting to leave the group
- Requires minimal to no assistance for the entire toileting routine (may need reminders to initiate, wash hands, etc.)
- Small group (2 or 3 learners per 1 staff).
- 1:1 option available for learners who require more support.
Date and Time:
- ETOBICOKE – 12-weeks (8 in summer)
- HAMILTON – 12-weeks (8 in summer)
- SCARBOROUGH – 11-weeks (7 in summer)
Mondays 5:00pm – 6:30pm