Conferences & Workshops
For years AlphaBee has been hosting professional conferences for the ABA community as well as our clinical team. As individuals and as an organization as a whole, we strive to learn and grow beyond our current abilities to continue to provide quality service in an ever evolving field. We bring experts in their fields from around the world to clinicians in the GTA and Hamilton.
ABA Professional Workshops
- Verbal Behaviour: Establish Question Discrimination Skills for Learners with Autism
- Ongoing workshops conducted by one of our BCBA
- BACB CEU available
Supervision hours offered to candidates seeking BCBA or BCaBA certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. We offer supervision of independent fieldwork experience.
If you are staff or a volunteer with AlphaBee, you will be working our clients. If you an external candidate, you will be working with your own clients.
For more information on the certification requirements please visit the BACB website.
Supervision hours may consist of
- In person and/or video conferencing
- Live observations/video review and feedback
- Real and/or hypothetical case discussions
- Review of articles and task list items
- Conducting assessments
- Data collection, graphing and analysis
- Program development, implementation and monitoring
- Training staff
- Communicating with caregiver and professionals
- Ethics and professional behaviour
- Completion of 50 hours of supervision
- Supervision takes place monthly for 5% of the total hours spent in fieldwork (minimum 1000 hours, 10 to 30 hours per week, at least 3 weeks per month)
- Completion of 75 hours of supervision
- Supervision takes place monthly for 5% of the total hours spent in fieldwork (minimum 1500 hours, 10 to 30 hours per week, at least 3 weeks per month)
Parent training is offered to families of children already receiving AlphaBee services as part of the ABA therapy package.
The following workshops are offered in addition, to our parents in service as well as families of children not in service.
- Introduction to ABA
- Understanding and dealing with your child’s behaviours
- Introduction to the Early Intervention Services (ESDM)
Parent Led Therapy
Our Parent Led Therapy is designed for parents who would like to become the primary instructor and guide for their child. It is an Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) model of learning, and includes assessment and setting target skills.
In this model the parent is the “mediator”, meaning that one of AlphaBee’s Behaviour Therapists (BT) would teach the parent how to apply the principles of ABA to help their child to not only acquire new skills, but also to decrease inappropriate behaviours.
Learning goals will be determined by the BT in conjunction with the parents.
On-site staff training
AlphaBee’s trained professional will provide on site staff training to community agencies.
- Introduction to ABA
- Preventing and Managing Challenging Behaviours
- Pairing and Instructional Control
- How to run Preference Assessments
- RBT coming soon as online modules
For detailed information on topics, rates, and schedule of workshops please complete the form below.
- You will receive a written response within 2 business days
- You will receive a phone call within a week should you have any follow-up questions.